Wednesday 8 September 2010

15mm...or not?

As promised, here's a comparison shot between some naked (oo-er!) metal Black Raven Foundry Rangers and Dwarves (columns two and four, respectively) alongside some Old Glory 15 Norman dismounted Milites and Saxon Hirdsmen (one and three).  The squares on the tile beneath are one inch, for scale.

As you can see (I'm sure you can click through or use some other intertubes wizardry to see the larger image) the Rangers are taller, and the Dwarves seem incredibly tall. Oh well. I like the Dwarves and the Rangers next to one another (and the test Dwarves are being painted up nicely, updates on those to come by the weekend, I hope). True, they don't mix perfectly with the historicals, but you'd be hard pressed to find a mini line that scales perfectly even with itself, so I'm not too terribly fussed.  Besides, when I'm looking top-down on them, I really don't see much of a difference, and that's what matters most to me when I'm gaming.


Additional content warning: Trees.  I've been spending a little time putting together some pine forests. Well, the trees for the frosty pine forests, anyway. Enjoy another fancy picture-ma-bob that also gives all you voyeur-types a peek at part of my desk (and reveals my adoring allegiance to Vallejo paints).  I have to chop up some stands for these, mount the trees, paint and flock bases then produce some foamboard bases for the little stands to play on. It should look pretty nifty when done. Rest assured, you'll have pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment